We dispense consulting and permitted services on utmost topics covered under finance and banking law and regulations of Azerbaijan. The financial sector of Azerbaijan is preponderantly occupied by banks that hold about 95% of the total financial assets. In addition to banks, credit, and micro-finance institutions (including non-bank credit institutions), as well as, insurance companies also operate in the finance industry of Azerbaijan.
The banking and finance industry is controlled and supervised by the Central Bank of Azerbaijan, which, apart from this, also regulates the pecuniary policy and payments systems of Azerbaijan. The fleeting of Financial Markets Supervisory Authority was established as the centralized regulator of financial markets only existing for 3 years from 2016 to 2019. After the dissolution of this centralized regulator, the control and supervisory functions were returned back to the Central Bank of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan’s largest bank, the International Bank of Azerbaijan, is majority-owned by the Azerbaijani government and underwent restructuring in 2018.
Our services with regard to the banking and financial industry mainly include:
- Security agreements, registration of securities
- Mortgage agreements
- Consulting on bill of exchange, stock, bond, bank guarantee, letter of credit, and capital markets overall;
- Bank-related lawsuit, including representing clients before liquidated banks ;
- Providing external legal opinions for the loan agreements, loan documentation, and related secure agreement, to mainly foreign and international lenders;
- Legal representation while drafting and conclusion of loan agreements, including advisory for securities of loans;